Wednesday, February 15, 2006

flashback, ah ah

It’s pretty wild, the things you remember.  I was chatting with a friend from way back when, one of my very first friends, incidentally and I flashbacked to all kinds of odd things.  For example, the first time I went to their house, which was right around the corner, on Blue Berry lane, he and his twin (fraternal) brother were running around their home with baskets on their heads.   That made for an interesting first impression.  Not that I remember that impression so clearly. I’ll wager it was something along the lines of: “They are running around with baskets on their heads.”  At that age, the mind draws some pretty simple conclusions.

Ah, the adventures we had together, crawling around the woods playing army and whatever else our overactive imaginations could cook up.
He used to have this black, faux-tire swing in their back yard.   I was launched a good ten feet into the air by this thing.  Yes, poor, chubby little me was more than the old rope could handle. SNAP and I was sailing through the air.  Kind-hearted Adam tried to convince me it was the fault of the little girl next door.  But, I knew better. It was the rope manufacturers fault.   Not that I was a porker, by any stretch.  By comparison, though, my friend and his brother were extremely thin.  Maybe, that’s why I perceived myself as a little chubby.  Baby fat takes time to burn.  Rest assured, I was a cute kid with beautiful hair.  

In other news, I’ll be launching my first PodCast very soon. Details to come.

3 Comments:

At 11:13 AM, Blogger StrangerDrums said...

I predict that this will be the shortest-lived podcast in history....unless you do a video-claymaytion podcast....

Your mind will wander to something else....I think it's a safe bet.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Phil Rossi said...

The naysayers....always naysaying.

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger Adam said...

I remember thinking at the time "Holy fuck, Phil got at least 20 feet of air on our tire swing." As with all things, I always blame it on the girl next door.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home